Thread: whats the rule?
View Single Post
Old Fri Feb 15, 2002, 05:03pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Spaman_29
a little foul play

Well in my state it has become accustom to let the "fouls" fly after the first made basket by the other team for some schools. I say fouls because all sorts of birds have been coming into the gyms, chickens, doves, pigeons. It has come from the Activites Association that this is an automatic technical to the team, NOT indirectly charged to the head coach, so the coach doesn't have to sit. The fans now know what the penalty is so it happens only once during the game and then you don't see it again. They even have gone so far as to not let any bags, backpacks, containers, and then you have to take your coat off to be searched at some schools.
I do know of one school that specifically put cameras to watch all of the crowd during some of their games, and the monitors were at the enterance so that you could see that you were being watched. Another school banned their students for 3 games as a penalty for the actions of the students.

I will give a delay of game warning, if possible, to help deter the throwing of objects. It would really be hard for me to imagine clearing the stands even as a last resort.