Thread: boyinnblue24
View Single Post
Old Fri Feb 09, 2007, 11:49pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ump29
Boy you can really jump on on someone who you think is young and inexperienced. Glad I am not one. Am new to board but have over 17 yr experience. I can sympathize with this young lad as I am the assigner in my area with 60+ umps , the majority of which are teenagers. How about laying off some ??
No one is jumping on any new poster because of age or experience. Several people jump on new posters because of attitude and assumptions.

What happens next will determine whether or not littleboyblue actually learns something about umpiring.

For example:

There were two young umpires who came to the internet. They both had attitude and said some really stupid stuff. They both got jumped by 40 umpires.

One decided to read more than write. The other continued to spout off on things of which he was ignorant.

One licked his wounds and worked on learning from those who jumped him. The other attacked would be mentors.

One did his homework and worked on a professional, confident
presence. The other customized his uniform and wore double wrist bands because they looked "cool."

One became near expert in his rules knowledge and mechanics. The other continues to argue when poster attempt to correct him.

One graduated as an Honor Grad at Evans and will be attending PBUC this March. The other still whines that he is being picked on.

We're waiting to see which of these two young umpires Little Boy Blue decides to emulate.