View Single Post
Old Fri Feb 09, 2007, 09:44pm
Official Forum Member

Catering Service

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRISHMAFIA
The problem would be others would follow. I thoroughly enjoyed myself on a visit to Seattle/Victoria Island a few years back. End of October, but the weather was great and, I agree, the "constant rain" impression is a ruse.

Unfortunately, for Seattle, many of the homeless have also found Seattle enjoyable. Before someone is "offended", let me state that I understand people get down on their luck. However, when you are on a crowded bus downtown, or merely standing on a crowded corner waiting to cross the street (you don't jaywalk in Seattle), the stench of some is just unbelievable.
Sometimes homelessness is not about being down on one's luck. Sometimes people have mental health issues. For example some of our nation's vets have come home from the foreign lands and dare I say our nation has dropped the ball in meeting their needs. Not everybody handles war in a John Wayne manner-some have issues with it. Sometimes their issues lead to them being unable to stabilize and hold down a job. Which means homelessness and the eventual catering-can I insert a BIG sarcasm smiley- that occurs on the streets.

Homeless people tend to migrate towards where services-I mean the catering occurs-so have shelters you have homelessness. So when a town has NO homelessness it generally means that they have no services available or they have figured out how to run them out of town.....