View Single Post
Old Fri Feb 09, 2007, 10:44am
Official Forum Member

Question

SECTION 1 TEAM TECHNICAL
A team shall not:
ART. 1 . . . Fail to supply the scorer with the name and number of each team member who may participate and designate the five starting players at least 10 minutes before the scheduled starting time.

I agree all the names and numbers should be in the book correctly and penalized when discovered to be incorrect. But what about the second part of the rule that says the home book should be ready at least 10 minutes before the scheduled starting time. If I followed that rule on the junior varsity circuit, we would be starting about 50% of the games with a T. Lots of games follow other games with 15 minute intervals and the books don't get together in time to copy everything within the allowed time frame.

How many of you strickly enforce that rule? If you don't, I don't see how you can enforce the first part of the rule if the book can be corrected prior to the game starting.

I have been known to stop the clock before the 10 minute mark to prevent some of this stuff from happening. I know the rule, but if I can prevent a book keeping error up front, I will.