View Single Post
Old Fri Feb 15, 2002, 07:22am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Mark Padgett
First, I never mention anything to a coach about a previous situation. If they bring it up, I just tell them that everyone begins each game with a clean slate.

As to the coaching situation, sorry, but she can't stand up. She really has assistant status in that situation.

BTW - were all the JV players in the book prior to the start of the varsity game? If not, they can't play unless added (T time) and if so, it just reinforces the case that she is an assistant at the varsity game - period - because then they would be considered varsity players at that time.
I agree with this 100%! An official should never bring up what happened in a previous game, especially if you T'd the coach. This is just asking for trouble.

I personally don't have a problem with the JV coach assuming the head coach duties (and standing/coaching) as long as only one of them is standing -- particularly within the last minute or so. I don't talk to assistant coaches when they are actually the assistant. Some of my fellow officials do, but I don't.