View Single Post
Old Thu Feb 14, 2002, 11:05pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to ChuckElias
Here in Mass, we use the shot clock for all public high school games. It is generally not used at the middle school level. But we do use it for V, JV, and Frosh. I think that it has worked well. I like it, personally. The only bad part is that sometimes you get a shot clock operator who has no idea what he/she is doing. Then it's a nightmare. But it's been around long enough now so that most of the table personnel at the V level are very good.

We get very few shot clock violations, at least at the varsity level. (Although I did have one tonight in my very ugly college game.) I watch a lot of the JV games, too, b/c they're right before my game usually. Even in the JV games, I don't see a lot of violations. The coaches and players have adapted to it pretty well. Most teams don't wait for 30 seconds to shoot the ball even without the shot clock.

Quote:
Originally posted by Tim Roden
I don't want the shot clock as an official. It gives one more advantage to the college officials.
Tim, I don't understand the advantage that the college guys have. What do you mean here? Just that they're already used to it? If so, that's not really a very big advantage. It doesn't take long to figure out the shot clock rules. (Although I did get one of them wrong on the test this year ).

Anyway, that's just my 2 cents.

Chuck