View Single Post
Old Thu Feb 08, 2007, 01:59am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to nickrego
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanDiegoSteve
Well, I tried one for two years. I gave it two full seasons of a tryout. When I return to umpiring, I'm going back to a mask and 6-stitch hat. Typical reasons, the heat, the noise, the ringing of the ears. You really do feel like you have gotten your bell rung much more than with a mask.

Now, Nick...I think you need to respect everyone's opinion on the subject of HSM's, not just the people who have tried them. You don't need to eat horse poop to know that it doesn't taste good, and some folks know without a doubt that they would not like the helmet either. You can't expect people to switch over, or even try the HSM. Their opinion is just as valid as those who have tried them.
Steve,

When someone who admits they have not tried an HSM, starts saying they don't like specific aspects of it, like; "It's too hot", or "It rings too loud when hit", is not speaking their opinion. They are merely repeating what someone else has said.

Now, if they say they don't like the way it looks, OK, that is 'their' opinion.

How many times did your parents make you taste something before they would listen to you whine about not liking it ?

And for the record, I bet there are people out there who think Horse Poop tastes good (considering all the sicko's out there). Being someone who has actually tasted Horse Poop (bucked off into a pile of it as a kid), my expert opinion is that it tastes pretty bad !

Nick