View Single Post
Old Wed Feb 07, 2007, 02:29pm
Official Forum Member

This is the area where I personally have the issue with this whole idea. I don't have an issue with having a background check done, I have nothing to hide. I understand the point that this does not ensure everyone is good as several others have pointed out in the last thread on this topic. I also understand everyones right to freedom, I just feel that if it does keep one incident from happening then it is worth it. Again just my feeling, this is the USA so everyone has a right to their own opinion.

More to this post my issue with this is the cost of these checks. I have a real issue paying for this myself. I have nothing to hide but this I feel is a guilty until proven innocent and I have to pay to prove I am innocent then I have an issue with it. And personally I don't think there is an organization out there that has an overage in $$ that they can afford to pay for this, whether it is $10 or $100 an official without raising association/registration fees. Which in turn means I am still paying for it!!!!!