View Single Post
Old Thu Feb 14, 2002, 11:37am
Official Forum Member

I agree with Chuck and the rest who stated we can change the call because of the correctable error rule and that we can use the timer as having definite knowledge there was .3 seconds left on the clock.

BTW, Ron, saw your name on the lists that was sent out to us for WA State assignments. I see you will be at the 1A girls tourney in Yakima, WA. I'll try to come watch you do a game. I'm working with an official (I won't drop any names ...tonight that will be an evaluator at your tourney. He told me to come sit with him during a game to get some pointers for my 1st State assignment the following week, Boys 2A in Yakima.

I hear it is very competitive between the officials at the State tourneys. Everyone there can call a good game, it's the little things that separate the officials that "go home early" and the ones that stay. Some "little things" include: * loose the sword point(using index finger to point) * proper NF mechanics (i.e. no fist on arm for illegal use of hands) * walk around players, never through them * hustle, run to your spot, don't walk * Lead, two man, make sure you go to side of post play under basket. These may not be "little things" but we have to do them consistently and correctly.

There always seems to be great advice on this board. Does any fellow officials have some experience in what evaluators are looking for in an official at these tourneys, or any games for that matter? (Always fun to review)

Thanks for your input,
Dan