View Single Post
Old Mon Feb 05, 2007, 02:11pm
Official Forum Member

I thought that the force-out call in one of the playoff games was used much better than they used it in the Super Bowl. The one official was clear that the receiver did not get the second foot down which may be what is required but I thought that he could have discussed it a bit with others before the call was changed to a force-out. However, that may have been a function of these officials not working with each other every week. I thought force-out was the correct call initially but the covering official went with a clear incomplete pass and then was convinced it was a force-out. That one could have looked better.

A couple of hits I saw gave me some questions. The first was the call was against the Colts on the kickoff later in the game when they had a late hit helmet-to-helmet. The replay showed that the hit really wasn't helmet-to-helmet even though it looked like it was from most angles. However the contact may have been late in general and the call may have still been right even though the description may have not been accurate.

The second was when #42 for the Colts speared his own teammate, injuring his arm late in the game. I can't believe that if this contact had been made directly to the receiver that there wouldn't have been some sort of fine or possibly even a foul. However maybe they don't want that called.