View Single Post
Old Mon Feb 05, 2007, 09:13am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to rainmaker
Quote:
Originally Posted by mplagrow
It can be. . .but I've had a couple of issues with mapquest. Sometimes it will forego the quickest route to give you a route based on major highways. A couple of times, it's been dead wrong. Once I was going to a movie with my wife and I used mapquest to locate the theater (in the Denver area). I followed the directions exactly, and it put me in a little residential neighborhood in a cul-de-sac nowhere near the theater. I was ready to knock on somebody's door and ask if Highlander: Endgame was playing in their basement.
I've had problems with Mapquest, too. One time it sent me through a residential street that diddn't go clear through! When I finally got to that school, I also discovered that had that residential street gone through, I would have been routed through a back entrance to the school grounds which is generally locked.

Another time, Mapquest had the spelling of a school wrong, and couldn't find it for me. I always use Google Maps, and don't bother with printed directions. Just print out the map, and use my well-developed old-lady intuition and reasoning.