View Single Post
Old Mon Feb 05, 2007, 09:09am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorRef
I thought they did a decent job. The only thing, and of course this is only my opinion, is that I don't agree with a couple of mechanics the NFL is doing. One, the umpire blowing the whistle on every running play up the middle. Two, the hand signals of the officials who threw the flag to outwardly tell everyone what they have instead of telling the referee and letting him relay the penalty. I think they probably do this so that nothing can happen with their call (being overturned), but it seems to me they could be asking for trouble if they make a signal and don't accept help from their crew. Again, that's just my opinion. If I made it to the NFL, I would do as I was told
I don't have a problem with the U killing the play when the ball falls at his feet. I do it myself from time to time.

But I do agree regarding the signals. That's a big non-no in my area.but I constantly see it in the NFL. What happens when the U comes firing in with a false start and the LJ runs in with a NZ infraction? Not good, no mater how you slice it.

"You should never be proud of doing the right thing." - Dean Smith