Thread: No big dogs
View Single Post
Old Sun Feb 04, 2007, 06:16pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rita C
Yeah, they got defensive fairly quickly.

But none of you asked why, really.
Sometimes the crap people come up with amazes me. If you wanted anyone to know why, then why did you not put that in your post?

Quote:
I appreciate the pregames and the postgames of the big dogs. I learn a lot from them. But one game once in a while where I can just go out and officiate and enjoy the game and be my own critiquer and work on what I need to work on and then go home is quite refreshing and a needed break.
So you want to go in to a game not knowing the expectations of your partner whether it is mechanics, rules or how to handle tough situation which tend to come up during any game? That is telling in a lot of ways.

Quote:
I know they just want me to improve and I do too. But it's been a tough season for me physically and mentally, especially since I lost a lot of games to weather and illness. So it's nice to just "play" for one evening.

It's a heads up for some of you who wonder about how to retain the new officials. Why do they leave after a couple of years? What I'm feeling may be a part of it.

Rita
Actually Rita, I do not want to work with officials that have your attitude. Maybe officiating is not for you. I know younger officials that do all those things you seem to despise. Also I know younger officials who do this more so than veterans who have been around for decades and are less accomplished. Whatever floats your boat.

Peace