View Single Post
Old Fri Feb 02, 2007, 03:00pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake~eyes
C was way to high on the play, no way he could officiate rebounding, should have had a foul that most likely would have prevented the fight. Lead then calls a foul and starts walking away with two players on the ground right next to eachother. Moving towards the players (instead of towards the table) may have also prevented what occurred.

Once the fight actually starts like it did I am not getting involved, I will try to keep other players from getting involved if at all possible but I am certainly not going to risk my own safety by jumping on players or getting in between flying fists. I will get inbetween players when players are in eachotheres face before fighting has actually happened.

In a HS game it is important that the trail (in this play) stop benches from clearing if at all possible. And when players do leave the bench take note of numbers so they can be properly ejected since we don't have the luxary of instant replay.

The other two officials should observe the fight and take note of players that need to be charged with a technical foul or ejection. At this point hopefully game management can put an end to it.

Using common sense is important, ie coaches who leave the bench to help break up the fight should not be ejected.

Interesting play to watch and definitely a good one to learn from.

At least that's my opinion.
I agree, noteably on your first point. If C would have been lower, he likely would have had a foul on the original play. If he comes in strong with it, toward the players, probably no fight.