Thread: Evaluations
View Single Post
Old Fri Feb 02, 2007, 10:47am
Official Forum Member

Scrapper sums it up perfectly.....

Scrapper wrote "The bottom line for me was that I had to tell myself, "I have no control over coaches, ratings, or postseason selection. I'm just going to go out and work my best game every night. Eventually, if I'm as good as I think I am, somebody will notice." I try to control what I can control and not worry about what I can't control."

Scrappers attitude is the attitude I have. And lord knows I need it this week. GJV game. I had to explain to my partner we have no 5 second count on closely guarded unless the girl is just standing there with the ball. Also needed to convince him no foul shots on team control fouls. My favorite personal instruction was explaining to him then when,as lead, he points to the floor I think it's a 2 and not a 3. We had to stop the game 3 times caused he pointed to floor as lead and I gave the opponent 2 points-he meant 3. So last night he comes strolling in the gym in all his glory to do the Varsity game. I was taken aback slightly but felt good when I saw him now raising his hand to signal a 3 to his partner.
Not that I think I am ready for V games, well some of them I could do, but I need to stay focused mentally. Which for me means incorporating the attitudes and thinking Scrapper referred to.