Thread: Evaluations
View Single Post
Old Fri Feb 02, 2007, 12:42am
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by boiseball
If you have not been in the situation where you were screwed out of games you deserved to be doing, and for a long period of time, they you just cannot understand the frustration of it all. This is not about paying your dues. I paid my dues several times over but because of a flawed system, you are completely at the mercy of the professionalism and time-devotion of your assignors. I have been on the otherside, where my buddy was the assigner and I was able to get games that would challenge me.
I was kind of feeling you until you made this statement. Why are you entitled to work games because you say you are qualified? I understand that you might have had success in one place, but you are not entitled to anything because you move to another place. Also in my experience assignors work games too. So to see you work they either have to not work a game or they have to be in two places at the same time. I know you are frustrated, but if your attitude was a little better, maybe someone would help you out. Because if you came to my area thinking you deserve something that would not make me want to help you either.

I was at the NCAA Baseball Meeting this past weekend and Dave Yeast who is the NCAA Director of Umpires and assigns all umpires for all D1 post season games made an interesting statement. He said that at this point he has no idea who is going to work what and when. He cannot stand it when someone says something like, "I worked a Super-Regional last year, and this year should be my turn." Or he said it upset him because someone was injured or retired umpires would say, "That should be my spot." Now if that is the attitude you have given off (I do not know I am not there), it might not help you. Just work hard and contact the right people and that is all you can do. If you are truly talented, I am sure someone will help you.

Peace