View Single Post
Old Thu Feb 01, 2007, 10:09pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Dan_ref
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreeneFam
Actually our league does charge for 9th grade games, and $5 per ticket at that! Crazy, IMO. Like I stated in an earlier post, I am not at all looking to take legal action. This was merely out of my own curiosity, and resulting from several conversations with other parents. The fact that it was 9th grade and not a Varsity game, in my mind, does not warrant putting players in harm's way by allowing unregistered, uninsured officials to ref the games.

Also to the PP who stated the he/she was a senior in high school and also a registered official, I want to clarify that the principal of the school apologized in an email for letting "unregistered" officials referee the game. The reason I suspected she was not registered was because she was underage and wearing a JV volleyball uniform. The principals admission that she was, in fact, not registered is how I confirmed my suspicion.
I quickly glanced through the posts and I have a question I didn't see asked or answered. So here it is:

Since you were appalled (your word) by the lack of certified referees, did you pull your son off the court?

I'm assuming you did. What did he say?