View Single Post
Old Thu Feb 01, 2007, 09:52pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old School
The school doesn't charge for fans to come and see a 9th grade game. Only the parents are there to watch this. I think where issues may arise in regards to having certified officials is in the varsity game. School or state administrative boards are not going to want to hear your arguments regarding a 9th grade game and certified officials, but that's jmo. If you want to argue your kid getting hurt, he could get hurt with certified officials as well. If you're worried about this and possibly looking to take legal action, you probably shouldn't have your kid playing this sport.
Actually our league does charge for 9th grade games, and $5 per ticket at that! Crazy, IMO. Like I stated in an earlier post, I am not at all looking to take legal action. This was merely out of my own curiosity, and resulting from several conversations with other parents. The fact that it was 9th grade and not a Varsity game, in my mind, does not warrant putting players in harm's way by allowing unregistered, uninsured officials to ref the games.

Also to the PP who stated the he/she was a senior in high school and also a registered official, I want to clarify that the principal of the school apologized in an email for letting "unregistered" officials referee the game. The reason I suspected she was not registered was because she was underage and wearing a JV volleyball uniform. The principals admission that she was, in fact, not registered is how I confirmed my suspicion.