View Single Post
Old Thu Feb 01, 2007, 08:16pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomegun
I don't agree with this. Tell me if something has changed in the manual, but as far as I know, we are supposed to put the ball in where it went out unless it goes out in the lane area. If what you are saying is true, what would be the difference if the ball went out on the sideline?
If something in the manual has changed, then it is OK to put the ball in play anyplace along the endline. If things haven't changed, the ball is supposed to be put in where it went out or close (by the diagram).
So you are telling me that you have to under no circumstances put the ball at the exact point of where the ball went out no matter what. So if I am on a court that has the words "PANTHERS" on the end line (I am watching the Loyola and North Central on ESPN2 right now) and the ball goes out on the "P" we cannot move the player to the "A" or the "N" under no circumstance? You are going to have to show me that reference that you cannot do that. I am talking about a couple of steps, not from one side of the court to the other. Also, I have never had a coach care in that situation before. I have even seen guys take the ball out to the opposite side of the court and not seen anyone say anything about it (I would not do that).

Peace