View Single Post
Old Thu Feb 01, 2007, 12:00pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tibear
I've found my answer and learned something in the process. Further explanation for 4.09 gives:
Approved Ruling: No run shall score during a play in which the third out is made by the batter runner before he touches first base. Example: One out, Jones on second, Smith on first. The batter, Brown, hits safely. Jones scores. Smith is out on the throw to the plate. Two outs. But Brown missed first base. The ball is thrown to first, an appeal is made, and Brown is out. Three outs. Since Jones crossed the plate during a play in which the third out was made by the batter runner before he touched first base, Jones' run does not count.

Learn something new everyday.
Very nice TiBear!

You posted a question @0907 and found your own answer by @0932 on the same date. That means that in 25 minutes, you thought your problem through and took the time to find the answer. You also posted back to tell us that you found the information and where. My hat is off to you - thank you TiBear for that refreshing thread.

See people, here is a perfect example of someone that actually took the time to LEARN something!