View Single Post
Old Wed Jan 31, 2007, 11:43am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeEater
In Agreement with;

- The fact contacting the arm after the ball has left the hand will not affect trajectory of the ball.
- Not all contact should be called a foul, each situation has to be evaluated on its own.
- Contacting player during follow through changes said follow through.
I.M.O. - notice this is still my opinion.

- Changing the follow through will change the overall shot, I feel that complete follow though is essential to having good form and leads to higher quality shooting. If you cant follow through then you don't have good form.

- Because my opinion is different from yours does not give you the right to make less of it. As I have read in several other posts some tend to attack those who post with an opinion that is different.
You can't have it both ways. If contact after the ball leaves the hand does not change its trajectory, how can it affect the overall shot?

However, if the shooter is anticipating contact or altering the shot to avoid a defender, the shooters normal follow through may be changed, but this is due to events prior to the ball leaving the hand. Contact may or may not occur, but if it occurs after the ball is in flight, the contact itself did NOT change the ball flight.

Whether a shot misses due to contact or good defense is up to the official seeing it happen. If the contact is after the ball is in flight, different judgements apply, but certainly fouls may be called here as well.