View Single Post
Old Wed Jan 31, 2007, 09:11am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by refnrev
Nope, there's not an easy way with IA ... just like the block/charge or travel/no travel etc. in basketball aren't easy. At times it will jump out at you and at times you will be blind to it. Experience and practice help, but it's tough to learn, especially if, like nearly all of us guys, you didn't play it or coach it. I think someone mentioned going over the case book pictures. Do it over and over and over.... but every now and then you'll get a complex formation like we had last night. It was legal, but it sure looked close to overlapping. Good luck! And do what I do.. keep asking questions.
I agree, but if you keep after it it will eventually click. It happened to me about half way through my second season. Jan and Felix are correct that the scorekeeper can be great resource - don't be afraid to use them.

Studying the case book pictures helps, but watching the real thing is better. On nights you're not working, go watch one of the higher level matches in your area and try tracking the alignments - you'll be surprised how much you will see. It may not work for everyone, but I know it helped me. Now if I can only get FR/BR down as the R...it's getting better, but I've still got a ways to go.......