View Single Post
Old Tue Jan 30, 2007, 06:24pm
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge
The only person the officials would hurt would be themselves and the assignor who would have to scramble to get replacements at the last minute (which might be harder than you realize). Walking away from the game is not going to change the court's decision or the outcome.
From an assignor's point of view, I disagree also.

All this does for an assignor is:
1) lose him greatly-needed officials because they see this crap and say "t'hell with it, it just ain't worth it anymore".
2) wonder if you're inserting yourself into another area's bidness.
3) makes him put his officials on the hot plate. The officials tonight are gonna be scrutinized big time. If Mayo and his dickhead of a coach come out in what looks like their usual "I'm bigger than the game" mode, do the officials back off their normal tolerance of unsporting actions a little so as to not make waves? Don't wanna look like the last crew that couldn't handle the pressure, right? Or do they call their game as usual and nail Mayo or anybody else if they gets out line, knowing that a whole state of fanboys along with Fanboys International are gonna be hollering for their azzes too if they do?
4) maybe this gets him labelled as an assignor who just worries about his own fees rather than whether he's putting his people into a bad situation.

Imo, it's a no-win situation for an assignor too. Personally, I'd tell 'em in a NY minute to go get their officials somewhere else, and let the chips fall where they may. This is high school basketball, not a D1 major conference where you have to have officials out there, no matter what.

You're completely right that it ain't gonna change anything, but at least I'd know that I tried to do something about it, even if was just a meaningless gesture.

JMOPOO....just my own pissed-off opinion.......