View Single Post
Old Mon Jan 29, 2007, 07:28pm
Official Forum Member

Observations

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAump
You can work any angle you prefer. 1) These young guns will answer all your questions and leave you feeling good. 2) I laugh when the instructors "hammer" the ole scissors stance. 3) I am pretty sure the real Gerry Davis won't be there to give you that discount either. I also know there will be some TASO and MSBL guys standing 15 feet back.
1) Many participants were returning for the 2nd or 3rd time within the past 2-3 years, nearly half. One participant from Corpus Christi is now calling some TASO college ball after attending the clinic two years in a row. He commented how his assignor and coaches noticed him and how he surprised older TASO veterans. Ssssshhhh. The majority of participants felt it was well worth it, again.

2) One gentleman present was allowed to work the scissors stance throughout camp. There were about a 1/2 dozen youngsters, the youngest being 12. None were bald. One member in my group of 7 was bald. I believe he was a peace officer. Two umpires were planning to attend the Jim Evans 5-week school in the near future. One, as soon, as he graduates with a degree in criminal justice.

3) The group was much smaller than past years, almost 1/2. The Gerry Davis rep wasn't there either. The Honig's rep gladly stepped in to meet our needs. He practically brought a truckload of uniforms, equipment, shoes, and many other things. The TASO officials who were present stood up there with the rest of us. I guess the other local TASO and MSBL guys already know everything there is to know. Perhaps, the local TASO group also scheduled a mandatory meeting for this same weekend.

Last edited by SAump; Mon Jan 29, 2007 at 09:22pm.