View Single Post
Old Mon Jan 29, 2007, 12:10pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbilla
had this happen fri night, i believe i called it correctly, just wanted affirmation...ball is in A's....A1 in the frontcourt passes to A2 who is moving from the backcourt into the frontcourt. A2 puts one foot down in the frontcourt and catches the ball with his back foot in the air - last position of back foot was ON the center line. i believe this falls under the concept of "position on court" - one toe on the center line establishes back court position for that player, meaning he was still in the back court when he caught the pass - i called a back court violation...didn't get an argument, but this is not one i have seen all that often, they are usually much more cut & dry than this....thoughts?
A swing and a miss!

Bad news - One foot in the air and one foot on the court equals a player location of the foot on the court.

Good News - If that is the worst thing that happened, it sounds like a good game.