View Single Post
Old Tue Feb 12, 2002, 09:49am
Official Forum Member

Last nights game, I felt compelled to ignore one of the coach's. He was one of those who never shuts up, whining about every thing during the game, "he walked", "he's over the back", "three seconds". While I will normally give a coach a short explanation of a call if he has a legit question, this coach just got the cold shoulder from me. One call in particular where his player blocked a shot but got the kid pretty good on the elbow and forearm in doing so and I called a foul. He was hollering, "where'd he get him at". I've had him several times this year and distinctly remember the same question and when I showed him where the foul occurred he says loudly "oh no, that was all ball". So this time I just ran on by him like he was a statue and he says "must have been a clean block then". What a jerk, it was all I could do not to whack him and he was on a very short rope the rest of the game. I probably would have T'd him but we had five in one game on Friday night and they were talking about that in the hospitality room before last nights game and I didn't want them to get the idea that I was quick on the trigger, but he was definitely distracting me from doing my job. Get him again Thursday night in their championship game (JH boys), maybe then...