View Single Post
Old Thu Jan 25, 2007, 07:39am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bossman72
Ok. I didn't know- which is why i asked. I wasn't trying to be a smart a$$. I've never seen anyone with a plate coat before (and i haven't payed close enough to the MLB umpires to know either).
It's okay, Bossman72. It's nice to see someone actually taking an interest in using a plate coat.

You simply gear up as normal but instead of putting on a shirt or a pullover, the last thing you put on is the plate coat. As a matter of fact, the WV symbol was originally designed to be plainly visible through the "V" of the plate coat! The line-up card & pen go in the breast pocket (or the inside pocket if you wish) and game balls are balanced between the left & right side pockets. I keep my plate brush in my right rear pants pocket whether I wear a plate coat or not.

A good, stiff garment brush takes care of cleaning the coat in between games because the only drawback to these coats is the are dry clean only! I send mine at the end of the summer leagues in August and again after the fall leagues in November. I usually don't need to go to the cleaners after the high school season unless it was an exceptionally wet season.