View Single Post
Old Wed Jan 24, 2007, 10:03pm
Official Forum Member

http://www.state.nj.us/njsp/info/reg_sexoffend.html

The link above is for the New Jersey sex offender registry. It gives names and mugshots of 2,173 sex offenders in New Jersey, as well as 41 fugitives. I do not know exactly what criteria get somebody listed, and obviously not every offender is known.

The lists also includes names of people who are incarcerated. However, it does not contain the name of Jesse Timmendequas, who is on death row at the moment. (It was his crime that prompted the politicians to pass Megan's law.) However, I see that a Paul Timmendequas made the list. Since that name is hardly common, I suspect it's a relative.

I looked through a lot of mugshots, but I did not recognize any umpires.

In a strange coincidence, considering what we've been talking about, on Saturday night there was a home invasion a few miles south of me, near the College of New Jersey. Three guys broke into a house, beat up and robbed a 58-year-old wheelchair-bound Vietnam vet, and forced him to call his wife and another woman and have them come home, where the three "sexually attacked" (newspaper's term) the women. When the criminals left, they took one of the women with them and ended up throwing her out of the car onto the street adjacent to the park where I do 30-40 games a summer. (Nobody has yet been apprehended.)

Update: The paper this morning says the police have caught one of the perps. He's a 16-year-old member of the Bloods. The veteran is to be released soon from the hospital after treatment for a "savage beating about the head and face."

Last edited by greymule; Thu Jan 25, 2007 at 08:03am.