View Single Post
Old Sun Feb 10, 2002, 11:13pm
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally posted by Slider
Quote:
Originally posted by Jurassic Referee
It states that you can have a live ball IB in this instance...Btw,what rule allows you to T them for delay without warning them first-if you decided to go that route?
I must be losing it, because I don't see IB mentioned anywhere in this case 6.1.2B

As for the delay T, that would be more along the lines of 10-1-5b (there is no warning for that).

But, all that is besides the point, how do you let the thrower touch a live ball IB, and then take it OOB, isn't that some kind of violation?

Also, say the ball goes through the bucket on B2's shot, A1 and B1 are near by. Official sees disposal, starts count, live ball, B1 beats A1 to ball and scores bucket, what is your call?
1)CB6-1-2b states that the ball is bouncing close to the end line,and if the covering official judges that it is at the thrower's disposal,they start the count and the ball becomes alive.Very straightforward-you now have a live ball IB,n'est-ce-pas?
2)-RE:delay T--the team has 5 seconds to throw the ball IB from the time it is at their disposal.The comment in CB6-1-2b covers the exact situation.If they want to run 5 seconds off the clock,they can legally do so.It's simply a violation after 5 seconds.If the quarter ends in that 5-second span,they haven't violated any rule.How can you T them?
3)If there is no confusion on the play where B1 scores again,IMO,I'd call a T-using the principles of CB10-1-8.This is a completely different play than the one we are discussing,though.I don't think it's relevant at all.