Thread: Need Some Help
View Single Post
Old Wed Jan 24, 2007, 09:22am
In Memoriam

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLBrvs326
  1. However, when a player sets to shoot the ball am I supposed to watch the offense and see if someone fouls him?
  2. How about underneath when one player is trying to go up with the ball and there are 3 defenders trying to block the shot...do I watch the offense?
  3. How about on a fast break and there are 2 players next to each other running fast...what do I watch.
ATLBrvs326,
Please realize that, as you complete more games, the entire game will slow down for you, that you will not be thinking as much as you will be reflexively reacting to an action that you have seen many times. It will get easier.
  1. Player set to shoot -> watch for pivot foot and then watch defender for illegal contact
  2. Multiple defenders in the paint -> watch pivot; after shooting motion begins, watch defenders moving toward shooter and note any displacement or contact caused by the defenders. Shooter (moving toward a verticle defender) may initiate contact and the defender should not be penalized. From lead concentrate at your eye level and down. From Tail be watching waist height and up.
  3. 2 running players -> get an angle from front or rear to look for space (between the players). When the space disappears, see the displacement or the contact on the ball, wrist or body area.