View Single Post
Old Tue Jan 23, 2007, 03:37pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomegun
The Jig is up! You have been busted and you aren't going to weasel your way out of this one. Here are the reasons why this post shows that you have been less than truthful:

1. You wonder how they impose a one game suspension? If you really officiated and assigned at the level you say you do then you would know that any one official can simply be replaced in a game. Just because you replace one official on a crew doesn't mean that the other members, who weren't involved in this game, lose that game. There are a ton of officials chomping at the bit to take these games. If you did college ball you would know that. I do know this. There's a lot of officials chomping at the bit to get a chance.
2. You thought we are protected from public discipline? Where have you been? Sports officials get called out more than ever when they make a mistake or do something within the rules that the normal fan, coach, player or broadcaster does not know. Again, where have you been? I would think that they would try to keep this in-house as much as possible because of liability issues. For instance, if a official makes the same mistakes and his name is not mention in the public forum like the paper, then you might have some credibility issues.
3. Do you know how much a Big Sky official makes? It isn't chump change. The Big Sky office used to buy the plane tickets so it wasn't as much as some conferences, but they still probably make about 30 times more than you make in your rec games. I don't think a Big Sky official is making near the money of a Big sky coach, imo
4. So you think their reputation will be ruined big guy? I believe the guy who went to the monitor before officials were supposed to do so has several final fours under his belt. Also, I believe the officials involved in the play that created the men's blarge rules are final four officials. If that is ruining a reputation, would someone please ruin mine? The question becomes, do you think they will get anymore Final Four appearances because of this? And if they where, you know they're going to be under a microscope, would you want that undue pressure?
How are you going to backpedal and explain how you could make such - no offense to anyone intended - rookie comments?
No offense taken, read the RED notes.