View Single Post
Old Tue Jan 23, 2007, 12:41pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to stewcall
When I first saw an official walk out on a basketball court, I thought what a cool way to have fun. They must really get treated well. I bet they have a great place to chill out before and after the game. Free food, a nice lounge, a treated like something special.
.................................................. .....................................
Rookie year---- guess i got that wrong............................................. .....

Second year............... there are some really neat people who officiate.... really nice to work with and be social with... yea a few that aren't for me.. but that's ok

Third year... lots to learn... the kids can be fun to watch and see them grow... coaches are great--before the game and nice people 12 hours later.......................

and now---- nice to stay involved with real kids... the extra $ comes in handy---does keep me mentally and physically sharp...keeps me learning and meeting new people.. yea the locker rooms and the old coaches offices to stink, but boy are we special ?
at least in our own minds....

Finally I understand: nobody cares about the official after a game except for other officials-- no one comes to a game to see the official---and when the whistle gets hung up, someone will come along and the GAME goes on...

Stew in VA