View Single Post
Old Tue Jan 23, 2007, 12:15pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to rainmaker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rita C
No, the report needs to be sent. This is the third time she has interfered in some manner at one of my games. One time she chastised me for calling too many fouls because she wanted to get home. (I let that go considering it a bad joke.) More recently, there was a dispute between the coaches on the nonstarter quarter. (One coach was accusing the other of putting in a ringer.) She came out on the floor to talk to the refs to try to get us involved. (This is a matter the coaches are supposed to report to their respective DAs.

I walked away from her when she started having the conniption out on the floor. Then she came in to the dressing area and continued.

Even if I don't work that location anymore, (there is no concern about advancement in our association) she needs to learn her role. Her "involvment" has been escalating in my games. I don't know that it is't in others. The parameters need to be set. I had things settled down with the coach. I don't want it happening to me again, or worse, a less experienced official which is most of what we have in our association.

Rita

She sounds like a real head case. You're right to report this, and I certainly hope that the "powers that be" will find a way to get at the problem. Just out of curiosity, I'd be interested to know your relationship with her at work, and how that goes. I'm also wondering what type of ball this is. Rec? School? Local Hoop club? If she's a school employee, she needs to be brought to the attention of whoever is her boss. If you don't want to discuss this on the baord, I'm not averse to a little PM gossip!