Thread: No Energy
View Single Post
Old Tue Jan 23, 2007, 09:48am
Official Forum Member

Everyone has their own routine. Here's mine. I cannot do a lot of caffeine, so if I had one of those super caffeinated drinks I'd be on the verge of a a full blown panic attack --- not exactly what you want in the middle of the game. About 2 hours before a game I have a PB&J sandwich, and 30 minutes before a game I eat a Cliff bar. Tons of carbs... but the good ones that will keep you going for long time. They come in all kinds of flavors. If I don't have any Cliff bars I'll eat a Detour protien bar, preferably the low sugar version. Those things are Snickers on steroids. Taste great and nothing bad for you in them!You can get either at any larger Wal-Mart or health food store. I've also done a slim fast bewteen soccer games, but not BB, but I do almost always have one driving home afterwards. At the half I go with whatever they give us to drink... water or gatorade unless I feel like I'm really dragging and I'll ask for a diet coke at the half or between multiple games. I can handle that much caffeine. Like, Juulie, if I have a double header and think I need one I often grab a candy bar for a quick pick me up. I should have done that last night.
Also, are you sleeping well after games or replaying every call in your head all night long. The more you work the less you'll do the latter, unless you really blow something big ---then you'll replay it over and over if you are like me. Good luck, Tell us what works for you.