View Single Post
Old Mon Jan 22, 2007, 05:52pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyGardner
As a fellow football official, congrats to the crews in both games, especially in the Pats-Colts game. That was IMO one of the best displays of a crew working together as a true team that I've seen in a long time.
Good comments. It's so funny how some people simply don't have a clue! I was listening to the radio on the way home (Howard Eskin of 610 WIP in Philly). Howard is a complete jackass! If any of you are ever in the Philly area and need a laugh about someone who doesn't have a clue tune in to the AM station....they're always complaining about something.

He's now commented about poor NFL officiating 4 times in as many weeks. Today he went off about Terry McCauley's call of intentional grounding. He literally "went off" about officials "getting together and talking about things." I have noticed Terry does an excellent job of keeping his eye on the QB. I never saw him take his eyes off the QB to watch the pass.

But jackass Howard says "these officials are chickens and they don't want to make the call themselves so they go ask for help after the defensive complains, then make the call!"

He has absolutely, positively no clue that we each have individual responsibilities and that we're supposed to get together and discuss the entire call so we can get it right as a crew.