View Single Post
Old Mon Jan 22, 2007, 01:51am
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalsCoach
I wasn't looking for rulings. I was just pointing out situations were I new the correct rule but the officials did not. It was kind of interesting that even here I got incorrect interpretations. By the way this was girls frosh/soph but are the same officials that do the varsity game following.
Well that depends on where you live. And to be frank it might even depend on the gender of your games. In Illinois it is very common across the state to give less experienced officials girl's varsity games. I know officials that cannot get a sophomore boy's game, but can work a lot of girl's varsity games. So there could be many dynamics to why you have had officials that do not know the rules. I can tell you as a primarily varsity official, when I work a lower level game, I rarely work with another varsity official. I just had someone joke with me on Saturday that me and another official worked together (who also works varsity primarily and is a 20 year official) was "talked into" working a freshman boy's games at the last minute. So just working a varsity game in itself does not mean you have arrived or the most knowledgeable officials around. Hell, I know college officials that do not know many rules. What does that say?

Peace