View Single Post
Old Sat Jan 20, 2007, 09:49pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JugglingReferee
Canada is no different that the US in terms of being technical. We will agree to disagree.

Question: A1 in the act, gets hacked and after the foul, travels, shoots, and the ball goes in. Whatcha got? Did one of those acts cause the other?

Edit: Like I said, I've called it once. Was about 5 years ago. I don't recall seeing it before then, and certainly have not seen a situation to call it again - or even closely. It's rare, but A1 still can't bowl over B1.

So what calls are you talking about that are tough? Is a PC a tough call for you? A shooting foul?
I think eg-Italy said it best. You have a foul on the shooter who is knocked off balance and now you are going to penalize them for getting fouled? Now if you want to make that call go right ahead. I have never made that call and plan to never make that call ever. Calling a PC foul is something someone can understand. Calling a shooting foul is something someone can understand. Calling a foul on a shooter that was fouled and likely knocked off balance is asinine. So you are telling me we should call a foul on a shooter that was pushed from behind and into a defender that was in LGP? Go right ahead and make that call.

I had a game this year where we called a simultaneous foul and we spent more time trying to justify this call then we spent enforcing it. Both coaches wanted an explanation and if it was not for me we would have not enforced it right. I had a shooting foul with the ball going in and my partner had an off ball foul. I tried to talk him into either passing on the foul because everyone saw my shooter get creamed to the floor. Hardly anyone saw his foul. I went along with the call because we did blow our whistle at the same time and that is what the rules say. Never again.

Peace