View Single Post
Old Sat Jan 20, 2007, 02:27pm
Fav theme: Roundball Rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge
It is not about having nuts. It is about calling what is right. If you call that and you mess up any part of that application, you will cause more problems for yourself. To me that is being too technical. Now maybe in Canada they like being technical, but I have never, never, never seen that called in any game I have watched or officiated. And if you call it, the coach is going to call the assignor to make sure you got it right and they there will be a debate if you even needed to call a PC foul. One play is going to create for you a lot of scrutiny over what would which are already tough calls.

Peace
Canada is no different that the US in terms of being technical. We will agree to disagree.

Question: A1 in the act, gets hacked and after the foul, travels, shoots, and the ball goes in. Whatcha got? Did one of those acts cause the other?

Edit: Like I said, I've called it once. Was about 5 years ago. I don't recall seeing it before then, and certainly have not seen a situation to call it again - or even closely. It's rare, but A1 still can't bowl over B1.

So what calls are you talking about that are tough? Is a PC a tough call for you? A shooting foul?

Last edited by JugglingReferee; Sat Jan 20, 2007 at 02:31pm.