Thread: Did I kick this
View Single Post
Old Sat Jan 20, 2007, 01:46pm
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_ref
Also, I cannot understand why there's so much certainty that it's impossible for anyone to have knowledge of when the clock started and stopped. If you're the official administering the throw-in (and you know what you're doing) then you start a NEW count when the ball is touched inbounds in front of you. Since (apparently) this clock does not display 10's of seconds you can put 1 second on the clock if the ball was touched OOB before your new count gets to 2.

See? Easy. In this sitch one guy knows when the clock should start, the same guy knows when it should end, and the same guy knows how much time elapsed.
Yup, agree completely. If there was one second on the clock before you started the throw-in, and your NEW count is between 1 and 2 seconds, you can't put any time back on the clock because the game is over.

And....If you don't have a NEW count, you also don't have specific knowledge of how much time actually elapsed. And when you factor in the horn going off too and not knowing the time lapse between whistle--->horn either.......

That's all I've been trying to say basically.