Thread: Did I kick this
View Single Post
Old Sat Jan 20, 2007, 11:40am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Dan_ref
Quote:
Originally Posted by blindzebra
There is absolutely NOTHING in the OP to suggest the clock DID NOT start properly. That is an assumption on your part.
So what? I find it impossible to believe that anyone would disagree that we need to consider this question in this play at this point in the game.

If this scenario happened to me the first thing I would ask is are we sure the clock started properly. It's a basic question. With that answered (yes or no) we can figure out if the game is over or some time needs to go back up.

Also, I cannot understand why there's so much certainty that it's impossible for anyone to have knowledge of when the clock started and stopped. If you're the official administering the throw-in (and you know what you're doing) then you start a NEW count when the ball is touched inbounds in front of you. Since (apparently) this clock does not display 10's of seconds you can put 1 second on the clock if the ball was touched OOB before your new count gets to 2.

See? Easy. In this sitch one guy knows when the clock should start, the same guy knows when it should end, and the same guy knows how much time elapsed.