View Single Post
Old Fri Jan 19, 2007, 10:59pm
Official Forum Member

injured official

I was working a two-man game the other day and with about four minutes to go in the final quarter, my partner ruptured his Achillies Tendon.

We got him settled with the trainer and I told the coaches that I would finish out the game by myself. I told them that I would stay table-side and go from foul line to foul line and do the best I could. They understood 100% and I didn't have any problems finishing out the game. It was a 20-point game, which made it easier.

The question I have is this ... if this was a close game would I have still had to do the same thing? Quite often in our league, the JV officials stick around for the varsity game (our assignor asks them to do that so they can learn as much as they can) Obviously if nobody else was around, I would have had to do it all alone. With the JV guys still haning around, would it have been alright to bring one of them in to help out?

Just wondering what you guys would have done or if this has happened to anyone out there. Hope your seasons are going well.

You'll also be happy to know that I took my partner to the hospital after the game and he's recovering well after his surgery. Done for the season, though.