View Single Post
Old Fri Jan 19, 2007, 10:18am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjbofficial
No, race was not a factor. My partner and I worked a JV game the night before and I made a huge charge call against the home team with ~ 1 min. left in the game and they obviously didn't agree. Tonight, they disagreed w/a few calls that my partner made in the first half of the first game and we think they just weren't happy with the calls (even though they were up by 15). Also, I have worked at the school 2 other times this season and have not had any problems with hospitality.

It's not a huge deal, just more annoying than anything else. Working 2 games and not being offered any water bothered me. We finally grapped a cup from the bench during a TO in the 2nd game.
Game management at the middle school level is often a bare minimum. Get used to it. As you move up, you get treated better. I had a long night Tuesday night. We were working one of only 4 1A varsity nights on our schedule this year. One team had some basketball players, the other had a lot of athletes, but not skilled basketball players. The fans were horrible (I had the AD talk to one guy). The coaches were OK, but left some to be desired. The quality of play was awful, and of course since it was a smaller school the check was a little smaller than usual as well. Everyone has these long nights on occasion. It's part of the job.