View Single Post
Old Fri Jan 19, 2007, 09:40am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgtg19
Be careful here, mjbofficial. What you experienced very possibly had nothing to do with your race and may simply have everything to do with poor game administration. Middle schools, at least in places where I have lived, are not really known for wonderful game administration. You may not have felt as "welcomed" as you'd like, but it may have more to do with a lack of volunteers or professionalism than your race (since you posted this in this particular thread, that's the implication I took).
No, race was not a factor. My partner and I worked a JV game the night before and I made a huge charge call against the home team with ~ 1 min. left in the game and they obviously didn't agree. Tonight, they disagreed w/a few calls that my partner made in the first half of the first game and we think they just weren't happy with the calls (even though they were up by 15). Also, I have worked at the school 2 other times this season and have not had any problems with hospitality.

It's not a huge deal, just more annoying than anything else. Working 2 games and not being offered any water bothered me. We finally grapped a cup from the bench during a TO in the 2nd game.