View Single Post
Old Wed Jan 17, 2007, 06:46pm
Official Forum Member

I have never seen a game where neither team would score in double digits, but there was a game in a women's national cup competition a couple of years ago, where a professional team rolled over an amateur team (rec-league level) ... the final score was 285 - 0 (yes, zero!)

Never figured out how that happened. While I expected it to be very lopsided (The club's first team had been crushed in a regular season game of the national championship only days before the cup game, so they didn't send their pros but the 3rd or 4th team.), I still can't imagine how a team can't score a single basket in 40 minutes. I don't remember whether they made it to the freethrow line or not, but you would think they should have made at least one shot ...

@eg: Where do you ref in Italy (which league)? I like to watch the referees in games from Italy, Spain or Greece. These are not only the strongest competitions in Europe (besides European Cups and EuroLeague of course), but I think that the level of refereeing is also very high.

Last edited by Kostja; Wed Jan 17, 2007 at 07:15pm.