Thread: Lost a sneaker
View Single Post
Old Wed Jan 17, 2007, 11:41am
Do not give a damn!!

This is funny that you bring this up. This exact situation took place in the Mizzou-Kansas game on Monday night. Kansas' Sharron Collins (freshman from Chicago) went to the basket hard and made a basket. He took on two defenders and all 3 hit the floor and he lost his shoe. Mizzou got the ball and started going the other way immediately after the basket. Sharron picked up his shoe, tried to get the attention of the officials and they ignored him, so he threw the shoe towards his bench and started running up the court. I do not remember when the clock was stopped, but I do not think the crew stopped the game because of this shoe being lost. I had no problem with what the crew did or how they handled this situation. I would have likely done the same thing.

Now for me once the player's team gets the ball, I would then likely stop the clock and allow the player to put the shoe back on. If it takes away their fast break, then who cares at that point. As long as I feel the shoe came off accidentally and not because it was taken off to get some kind of advantage, this is what I would do.

Peace