View Single Post
Old Tue Jan 16, 2007, 01:55pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Giacoma
First, the coach is communicating to get the call "correct" so, cut him/her some slack. Secondly, fix the error and tell the coach we will draw straws to pick which line to play in the 2nd quarter -then smile. It's just a game.
Okay... so being a coach, I have to agree with this - especially if the game is tight - an error could mean the difference in the game. That doesn't mean that you get to act like an a**, but some lattitude should be given - imho

Example - this past Sat we were playing a tight conference game - opponents are in the 1 and 1, and a foul is called on one of my girls... the scorer's table is yelling 1 and 1, and the ref signals 1 and 1 and is heading to the line. I'm yelling to the refs (as politely as I could) that I wanted a verification on the foul - was it a player control foul.. they just kind of looked at me and thought I was complaining about the call.. I continue - finally, I went to the table and asked them to hit the buzzer - it got their attention - I said I need an interpretation - this was a player control foul, no 1 and 1... they agreed, and they nodded and contiued. Now, I was pretty excited, I don't think anything warrented a "T", but I did kind of step on the floor - but as stated above - just to get the attention of the refs... I'm sure they could have called a "T", but I think they handled it the correct way...