View Single Post
Old Tue Jan 16, 2007, 12:43pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimgolf
Kevin Durant is from Texas, not Maryland.
I don't know where he is from, but K. Durant played HS ball at Montrose Christian in Rocville, MD...

Being a MD native, and a former player at DeMatha, I have always been a little biased thinking that MD was the best... I don't necessarily think they have the best players, but do think they have the best programs in a 45 miles radius... to name a few: DeMatha, Mt. St. Josephs, St. Johns Prospect Hall, Montrose Christian, Riverdale Baptist, Dunbar... the list goes on...

Just look at a few of the coaches that are or were in this area in the past 10 years... Morgan Wootten, Stu Vetter, Joe Gallagher... I doubt any two coaches in history have more wins than Wootten and Gallagher... over 2000 wins between the two... Morgan has 1200+ and less than around 200 losses... Joe has 800 - 900 wins.... These two are living legends of the game...

Then you have Stu who had Flint in the top 5 nationally, then St. John's Propect hall in the top 5, and now, his Montrose team is ranked nationally every year...