Thread: backcourt
View Single Post
Old Sat Jan 13, 2007, 04:57pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadNewsRef
CMA, I'm with Bob on this one. I think you may be overthinking this one.

I look at team control as a continous chain. Once team control is lost the chain is broken and you are allowed to regain team control on any point on the court without regard to what happened in your previous team control session.

Think of it like football. A team throws an interceptions, interceptor fumbles, offensive team recovers. It is now consider a whole new set of downs, it is not a continuation of the previous series.

Once you lose team control, everything starts out fresh when you regain team control (except the shot clock if the ball doesn't hit the rim)

Another possible exception Player shoots an airball, ball deflects off B1, then deflects off A2, then A3 recovers in backcourt.
guys I agree, but with that said the committee needs to address the way it is written because as written the situation would be a violation...and I honestly believe that no violation is the correct call, however no violation to me is not by rule, because I don't see that the way it is written "after team control" is pretty black and white...but thanks, I am going to keep calling as I would have ok now off to the game to hope it doesn't happen LOL