View Single Post
Old Sat Jan 13, 2007, 02:16pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to rainmaker
Quote:
Originally Posted by boiseball
Anyone have an opinion on this, either boys or girls? I never thought much about it until recently when I moved from Cleveland Ohio to Boise Idaho. What a drastic change. I went from refereeing guys who could dunk, who were thoroughbred athletes, to refereeing a bunch of clutch and grab slow guys who can hardly shoot. I have also refereed in Utah and would place them comfortably ahead of Idaho but still well below Ohio. I have a feeling Ohio is in the upper echelon. Anyone else seen a variety of states and have an opinion on where the different states/regions should be ranked? Anyone think their state is better than Ohio and some actually experience or other evidence to back them up?

as a corollary, the drop in referee associations from Cleveland to Boise was just as drastic. If someone in here is a Boisean, please do not take offense; just the reality of my experience.
I wouldn't even conjecture about the rest of the country, but I know we have a very wide variety of ball here in Portland, Oregon. Some excellent teams, both boys and girls, and great play, and some of the usual.

I've heard things about Boise, though, and I can imagine you're really going through culture shock, both in terms of the play, and the reffing.