View Single Post
Old Fri Jan 12, 2007, 03:42pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time2Ref
Well, after wildcard-weekend, all the wildcard teams are gone. Nothing but Division Champs left.

I'm for the Colts. Can anyone stop that offense? Nope. Will the defense show up? I hope so. They looked good last week.

Who do you think will win this weekend?

My Pics:
Indy over Baltimore
San Diego over New England
Chicago over Seattle
N.O. over Philly
These are my picks as well. I'm not 100% comfortable with ANY of them, though. Indy was only 4-4 on the road, and played a totally cream-puff schedule. Picking against Tom Brady and Bill Belichick in the playoffs is rarely a good idea. Seattle's running on pure guts and good karma, but that can take you far, especially when the opposing QB is inconsistent (though, to be fair, I like Grossman). And the Eagles are the hottest team in the NFL.

However, Baltimore has also played a weak schedule, they've had very close games with some bad teams, and they're coming off a bye week (which in my mind is a disadvantage). San Diego has certainly looked like the best team in the league for most of the season, and a 10-game win streak is tough to argue with. The Bears have been making the rest of the NFC look bad all season, while the Seahawks have injury problems. And the Saints are not only the emotional favorite, but they should still be pissed coming off the loss to Carolina two weeks ago.

In short, these should be some very good games. Now if I can just get through them with having to hear Joe Theismann, I'll be happy.